Presentations That Rock
… Engage And Wow Your Audience …And Avoid Death By Bullet Point!
eBook – by Stephanie Philp.
Whether you’re presenting professionally or socially, the quality of your presentation will determine how successful you are in influencing your audience.
Do you start with great intentions – and quickly become overwhelmed and stuck?
If so this eBook is for you!
Presenting confidently is an important skill in the 21st Century.
It doesn’t matter what your role, if you want to get your point across, you’d better be able to present. But the problem many presenters face is one of overwhelm. They start designing their presentation in the wrong way, from the wrong angle and with the wrong tools. The result is stress, overwhelm and severe headaches! It’s not their fault, because most of us have never been taught how to prepare a presentation!
If you want to influence people, you need a presentation that engages your audience. Follow the repeatable system in this humorous and easy-to-read eBook to give your presentation a sound structure. Then follow the presenter techniques for remaining calm yet passionate and you’ll soon have a presentation that truly rocks.
If you need to give a presentation you need Presentations That Rock.
Any fool can put together a PowerPoint or Keynote Presentation — and many do! But if you truly want to influence people, you can’t just throw a bunch of words or bullet points up on a screen and expect to wow everyone with your presentation. You can’t just talk at them either. You need a presentation that engages your audience: that has good visuals, a few key words, a presenter who is confident and passionate, and ways to involve your audience. Only then will you have a presentation that truly rocks.
Putting into practice the design, structure that ‘Presentations That Rock’ provides, you’ll:
- Discover an easy-to-follow structure that will guide you step-by-step to a successful presentation.
- Avoid overwhelming yourself!
- Identify three things that are critical to a successful presentation.
- Keep your presentation under control and avoid the dreaded, ‘death by bullet point’.
- Develop a simple presentation design that can be used time and time again.
- Answer key questions – before people even think to ask them.
- Prevent your audience feeling overwhelmed and searching for the nearest exit.
- Take control of nerves, so you feel completely confident and in control.
The ‘Presentations That Rock’ eBook will
Take you through a proven step-by-step process for creating an awesome presentation that rocks:
- Defining the outcome of your presentation.
- Achieving sequence and flow in your presentation with storyboarding.
- Incorporating answers to the questions your audience wants to ask.
- Engaging your audience with activities relevant to your presentation.
- Understanding the importance of slide design.
- Using templates, fonts, colour and layout creatively and coherently.
- Carefully selecting and using images to enhance your presentation.
- Knowing how many words to use on each slide.
- Including white space and invisible lines in your slides – and understanding why they are important.
- Avoiding distracting the audience with ‘cool’ special effects.
- Using checklists and summaries to ensure you’ve got everything covered.
- Effectively rehearsing your presentation to improve confidence – and iron out any presentation glitches.
- Avoid presentation anxiety and nervousness.
- How to present with confidence and clarity.
Advance praise for Presentations That Rock
“Stephanie has accomplished something quite elusive to many. She makes ￼the whole idea of putting PowerPoint/Keynote presentations together approachable and empowering on a scale of simple that I can relate to with great enthusiasm. I particularly liked her specific recommendations for images, fonts and simple design for the non-designer. She proves why those standard themes are so not up to the task of getting your points across in a compelling way… and more importantly, how you can do it yourself in a much better way.”
“Presentations That Rock” is an easy to digest eBook that personifies what it advocates. Information is logically presented in bite-size portions. Carefully explained and demonstrated strategies provide recipes for success. I would recommend this ebook to both the beginner and seasoned presenter who want to make their presentations sizzle.”
“Anyone who uses Power Point or Keynote for presentations, whether you are experienced or a complete novice, will benefit immensely from reading ‘Presentations that Rock’ by Stephanie Philp. The easy conversational style, clever illustrations, and gentle humour make this an entertaining and inspiring read. I especially appreciated the section on story boarding – a sure way to make your presentations flow. I highly recommend this book as a gold mine of practical advice, tips and ideas to ensure your presentations are powerful and engaging.“
“Excellent presentation skills ebook: short, well laid out and great checklist summaries to help us put into practise what we’ve learnt”
“Whether you are a novice at making presentations or not, Stephanie’s e-book ‘Presentations That Rock’ is a must-read. I particularly enjoyed the useful checklists and the examples Stephanie includes, and of course the wonderful light-hearted humour she uses throughout.
I now apply Stephanie’s method to all my presentations and workshops and find it works for me every time.”
“All I can say is THANK YOU! The E Book – Presentations That Rock, couldn’t have come at a better time.
I have been reading (or trying to read) other information about constructing PowerPoints but none have been so engaging, clearly set out and easy to follow. I love the way you led me through it with engaging headings on each paragraph and there wasn’t TOO MUCH information in each one. For someone who resists reading detailed info off the computer screen, this E-Book is perfect.
One of the most valuable things I got from it was that the focus be on your audience with a view to encouraging participation therefore giving them something practical and relevant they can take away to use straight-away. For me that makes the difference between a really worth while workshop and one that leaves me not feeling sure what I got from it.
Of course your usual lovely humour comes through and that also helps keep you engaged.