The Fear and Anxiety Podcast
There are many people that will tell you that fear and anxiety are normal and natural emotions that everyone experiences at times.
‘At times’ we may all feel fear and/or anxiety. However, when fear and anxiety show up on a regular basis or at inappropriate times, then we really need to pay attention to what’s going on in our life.
In today’s fast-paced world there is always plenty to do
There are even more things to think about. So many things, in fact, that we often don’t have time to pay attention to how we feel in our body. As a consequence, more and more people are suffering from a variety of fear and anxiety disorders.
In this podcast interview with Aaron Mooar at Raglan Radio, we discuss some of the causes of anxiety, types of anxiety and remedies. As usual there is lots of laughter – because taking yourself too seriously just compounds the problem!
The interview covers:
- Panic and anxiety ‘attacks’.
- Why many people are unaware of their own anxieties
- Fear of public speaking. There’s a myth about being nervous when you need to speak in public. People will tell you that, “It’s normal to feel nervous when you’re public speaking.” Or, “If you don’t feel nervous, you won’t perform well.” This is complete stupidity. Think about it. It’s like saying you need to be nervous to successfully drive a car, lead a team or serve a customer. Wouldn’t any of those things be better if you were calm and confident?
- How to prevent overwhelm when putting a presentation together.
- How to prepare yourself to present confidently.
- Tips about what NOT to do!
- Figure out what you might be doing in your head that causing you to feel anxious.
- Stories of how different people overcame their nervousness or anxiety.
- What causes anxiety and how to get rid of it.